Friday, June 30, 2017

Road Trip

We have been gone.
Jumped in the car and headed it south.

We have grandchildren that live in North Carolina.

Sometimes we can not help ourselves and 
we get off the main roads.

We had done such a thing.

I had just started driving on a little divided highway in Missouri, 
when I saw a billboard. 

It appeared to be the next town.

My mind went into overload.

Could it be?

Well, sometimes you have a serendipitous experience
and without planning it, you end up in the beautiful 
Hamilton Missouri.

It was after 5 pm, so it was very quiet,
but what a fun adventure for me.












The next day, we got in the car and the first thing I saw was a billboard for:

The National Quilt Museum.

Are you kidding me?

Was I living right?

Of course we stopped.



It was amazing.
I learned something about me.

I am a quilter, 
but,
I really don't want to be 'just' a quilter.

I love being a teacher, mother and grandmother.

I want to be a more accurate quilter,
but I don't want to wake up every morning and
 have quilting be my
occupation.




That being said,
I loved the museum.
The quilts were lovely, and perfectly made.

We did have to make one more stop in Paducah.



This had to be the best road trip ever.

We did plan a little side trip on the way home.

We made a stop in at The Merc in Pawhuska, Oklahoma.


After the long wait to get in, we ordered lemonades.
They were huge!


Lunch was amazing.



I really doubt we will go back,
but it was a great stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good to be Home

I finished this cross stitch.  I'm looking forward to visiting the Redwoods this Summer with my kids.  I was home this weeke...