Sunday, February 12, 2017

Geraldine's Endless Canning


I made a quilt that I named after my mom's aunt.

But when I made this one,
I thought of another one of her aunts.


Every time we went to her house, 
she was in one stage or another of canning.
The garden was huge,
The canning was a summer long adventure.
They had 13 kids and lived on a teachers salary.
She was amazing.  
She passed away this week.
Nothing to be sad about.
She lived 88 years and has 13 wonderful children.
I will miss her.

I have named my little quilt
Geraldine's Endless Canning
For the record, she was a quilter too.



I made the first of the blocks for Mrs. Pickles.
-my new grand daughter-

I have three planned including some very cute sheep blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Right Color

I took this to my sewing room to make a pillow. I was really thinking of purple and beige. I found a green while looking for pur...