Sunday, January 14, 2018

Brighten Your Day


I struggle with winter.

I was pretty happy to find this little spot of color this afternoon.




I started this little project last week.
The fabric was given to me by the wife of my nephew.
Her mother had passed away and she had come home with this fabric.

I can't tell a lie.
I look at this fabric and think it is pretty ugly.
And it is old.  
However, when I sew with it, it makes me happy.

I am working on a quilt to send back to this girl.
She liked the fabric and it will always remind her of her mother.  



By the way, the pink dinosaurs and alligators are velvety stuff.
I have to use a cloth on top of it to even press it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Right Color

I took this to my sewing room to make a pillow. I was really thinking of purple and beige. I found a green while looking for pur...