Sunday, August 7, 2016

So good to be home

I woke up Monday morning and thought to myself:
I have to go back to work in 2 weeks,
I need to get some sewing done.

I put this cute quilt together.
There should be another one just like it,
and I am hoping to work on it this week.


Now, on to my Lori Holt project. 
I looked at these directions and thought, really?


I can't help but share
- the short version-

Cut the squares,
mark them
and cut them again.



Sew on the marked lines.


Cut them in half.


Sew on the marked lines.


Cut them in half.


Press them.



And you will have 4 flying geese.  

Way cool.




And then there was yesterday.
I need a baby quilt.
Something to teach people to hand quilt on.
Something to give away.


Partly because I didn't want to leave the house
and 
partly because we don't have a lot of quilt stores around here anymore,
I  made this little quilt from my stash.

It will be easy to quilt.
I'm still not sure about it,
but I will think about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Right Color

I took this to my sewing room to make a pillow. I was really thinking of purple and beige. I found a green while looking for pur...