Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Break--day 3

Have you ever pieced batting?  Well I have and this is a rather desperate attempt to finish another quilt today without going to the store.  I have some new ideas for finishing the Spring Flower quilt.


So I finished this one.  The machine quilting went well. This pattern came from Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting, May/June 2010.  As I was sewing it, I found myself wishing I could make one for me. (This one is for my daughter in law.)  But I don't have enough red to make another one. Then I remembered that I bought this pattern last spring from Keepsake Quilting.  I might be able to do this.  We will find out.  
By the way, I love all the quilts that are coming out with the log cabin blocks.   They just make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good to be Home

I finished this cross stitch.  I'm looking forward to visiting the Redwoods this Summer with my kids.  I was home this weeke...